Job Opening - Behavioral Health Therapist
Summary The Behavioral Health (BH) Therapist is a member of the Behavioral Health (BH) team that includes other BH therapists, an addictions recovery therapist and a psychiatrist. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by fostering healthy community, focused on the mental health aspects of care. The work includes traditional behavioral health therapy and participating as a BH On Call in cross-disciplinary teams to provide behavioral health support to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities BH Therapy
- Develops an integrated care plan that may include mental health diagnosis, treatment, evaluation, and follow through.
- Provides ongoing counseling to patients.
- Participates in regularly scheduled case consultation with other Behavioral Health professionals.
- Documents client contact using electronic medical records to be able to share and collaborate effectively with other members of the care team.
- Consults with care teams to provide support to providers on particular patients.
- Completes other duties that support our shared work, as assigned. BH On Call
- Supports the work of a cross-disciplinary care team to assess psychosocial assets and needs of patients.
- Uses a variety of assessment tools to help address the mental health concerns of patients.
- Addresses patient behavioral health concerns through warm handoffs, brief interventions, and crisis counseling as they arise in medical appointments.
- Coordinates referrals to ongoing BH therapy.
- Collaborates with others on the medical teams to make referrals to help support patients with psychosocial issues.
Job Requirements - Masters level training with appropriate, independent licensure preferred - Cross-cultural training and experience to effectively function with the MCHCC patient population - Experience working with all age ranges preferred - Spanish preferred - Knowledge and/or training in trauma-informed care preferred - Motivational Interviewing training preferred - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
Accountability The Behavioral Health Coordinator supervises the Behavioral Health Therapist. The employment agreement and the employee handbook outlines details of the employee review process.
Salary Range and Benefits Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to Lora Rusel at email@example.com.