The Dental Assistant is a member of the Dental team that includes the Dental Site Administrator, Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants and Front Office. They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by providing quality care in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct assistance to dentist or dental hygienist in patient care
- Documents dental and periodontal charting
- Scribes for dentist as needed
- Exposes dental x-rays
- Educates patients and caregivers
- Prepares operatories for patients
- Maintains supplies, equipment and inventory
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills
- Dental assistant certificate required, expanded functions training preferred
- Three years of experience in a dental office
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Sufficient experience in cross-cultural settings and commitment to work collaboratively within the organization
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred
- Computer knowledge/skills including Windows applications
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
The Dental Assistant receives administrative supervision from the Front Office/Back Office Lead. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. The Dental Assistant will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
How to apply
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org