The Dental Hygienist is a member of the Dental team that includes a Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Front Office and a Dental Care Coordinator. S/He/They supports the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by providing quality care in a team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform patient screening procedures such as assessment of oral health conditions, review of the health history, and dental charting
- Educate primary caregivers on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Age-appropriate prophylaxis and fluoride treatment when indicated
- Take and develop dental radiographs (x-rays) as needed, note problems seen on x-ray, and record on chart
- Responsible for maintenance of equipment, sterile supplies, sterile instruments, and inventory of supplies
- Employee must follow standards for universal precautions to insure a safe and healthy work environment
- Other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
- Indiana Dental Hygienist Licensure
- One to three years of previous experience as a dental hygienist preferred
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Commitment to work collaboratively within the organization
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essentials functions of this work
The Dental Hygienist is supervised by the Dentist with administrative oversight by Guardian of Medical Services. Details of review processes are outlined in the employment agreement and in the employee handbook.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary is determined according to the Employee Salary and Wage Protocol, based on a range of factors including education, experience, responsibility, and language proficiency. S/He/They will receive comprehensive employee benefits package, based on FTE.
How to apply
Send resume to email@example.com