The Call Center Representative is a member of the Patient Resources Team that includes health care navigators, front office, billing, and social services. They support the mission and values of Maple City Health Care Center (MCHCC) by improving patient access to quality healthcare.
Salary Range: $17.94-21.15
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service while answering and screening incoming telephone calls in a fast-paced call center environment.
- Identifies and addresses caller questions and concerns, resolving issues when possible and routing requests and messages to appropriate staff.
- Maintains accurate data in the electronic health record and maintains patient privacy and security as outlined by HIPAA
- Schedules patient visits, reviews insurance eligibility, and collects patient demographics; maintains proficiency in insurance basics.
- Monitors provider schedules for openings and participates in recall campaigns to ensure maximum utilization of available appointments.
- Offers flexibility to cover for front office teams and other call center staff when needed.
- Performs other duties that support our shared work, as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- General computer skills including electronic communications and multiline phone navigation
- Strong communication and organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with other staff, patients and diverse populations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual: English/Spanish; oral (written preferred)
- Effective interpersonal skills
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or GED equivalent required
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Six months previous customer service experience, preferably in a health care setting
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds
- Ability to perform prolonged periods of time in front of a computer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this work
- We are required by federal law to verify identity and eligibility to work in the U.S.